I want to start today’s blog post with an excerpt of an interview from, Scandal, my favourite tv show. Scandal character Cyrus Bean says: ‘Being a mother isn’t a job, being a mother is who someone is. It’s not a job, you can quit a job. Being a mother is incredibly difficult. Let’s not diminish it by calling it a job.’ BOOM! You should’ve seen me that day watching the episode!
I was practically high fiving my tv. Hats off to the Scandal writers! Those words exemplify how I feel about motherhood. From the day my baby girl was born till the day I leave this earth I will not stop being her mother, whether she likes it or not .. 😉 There are times when the going gets tough and we may feel like quitting but do we? can we? No! We are mothers this is simply who we are !
Anti-Aging Home Remedy #2:Honey
You Will Need
1-2 tablespoons organic honey
What You Have To Do
Apply honey generously on the face and neck. Massage for a minute or two.
Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with water.
How Often You Should Do This?
Repeat this every day or every alternate day.
- contains naturally occurring acids which help to purify your skin by breaking down dead skin and increasing cell turnover, they can even help to control acne breakouts.
- has astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that help treat redness and inflammation from eczema and other skin conditions.
- increases skin elasticity to give a stunning natural youth-boost
- actively combats the ageing process by firming and lifting your skin
- is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are proven to help fight skin damaging free radicals.
If you’ve already bought hibiscus to make my anti-inflammatory weight loss tea then you’re all set for this mask. Simply grind a handful down in your food processor or coffee grinder until fine.
Brown Rice Flour
- is rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids great for renewing and moisturizing skin.
- the selenium present in brown rice helps to maintain skin elasticity and reduce skin inflammation.
Brown rice is a staple in my gluten-free pantry but if you do not have brown rice flour you can grind brown rice in a food processor or coffee grinder. Alternatively oat flour or finely ground oats can be substituted.
Aloe Vera Gel
- excellent emollient properties for moisturizing dry skin.
- has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce acne greatly.
When I was growing up we had an aloe vera plant in our backyard. As a teenager I suffered with acne. My mom would slice the aloe plant open and scoop out the gel. I would then apply this directly to my skin. It worked wonders to relieve my symptoms.
100% Grass-Fed, Organic, Plain Yogurt
- contains lactic acid, a natural hydroxyl-acid which helps exfoliate and hydrate skin. Lactic acid also helps prevent pre-mature skin ageing.
- contains zinc, which helps lighten blemishes and scars and helps prevent redness of the skin.
- helps to absorb excess oil and makes your skin feel tighter and smoother.
Yogurt is one of my go to foods for nourishing skin and hair care!
Sometimes life gets a little crazy, those times and I just step back and give my daughter what she needs most from me… time out with mommy! We had a fun time making and using this hibiscus mask. I assembled all the ingredients and she put it together herself.
How to make hibiscus face mask