In the realms of photography, capturing portraits is very much different from the other genres. Hence, when you think about a portrait photographer in Sydney, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind before you actually appoint one. It is advisable to consult about a few factors with the photographer before you actually start the shoot. Here in this post I will tell you about some tips and suggestion in regards to portrait photography. As a photographer I am learning new things everyday as I work. So, here I’ll share some of my personal observations that have helped me capture better shots.
The tips and suggestions to make portrait photography effective:
1. Planning the session: For any photography in general, it is the photographer who will envision all of it. Hence, it is advisable to consult with the photographer beforehand for the complete session so that you can plan the whole thing accordingly.
2. Children photography: Taking pictures of children can sometimes be very difficult. As they are not adults, you cannot ask them to behave like an adult. As a photographer I have observed that they can be very capricious at times which make it hard to work with them. Hence, I prefer to make the shoot plain and simple without travelling a long distance for the location. Travelling can make them irritated which results in severe non-cooperation from the little ones. If you have already appointed a photographer, make sure you plan all these things beforehand.
3. Location: Location is a very important thing when it comes to photography. In this case a portrait photographer in Sydney can definitely help you with his/her knowledge and guidance. Plus from a personal experience, I can say that it’s always wise to be prepared according to the weather of the location. Like if you’re planning for a shoot in the seaside, make sure you are prepared with the appropriate clothes.
4. Themes: The theme is a very important factor while shooting portrait photography. Although it mainly depends on the photographer about whether he is portraying it in Victorian style or capturing it with the essence of the Elizabethan theme. If you have any particular thoughts on your mind, you can share that with the photographer to make the shoot more interesting.
5. Clothes: Obviously the clothes are an integral part of the shoot. According to the theme and subject the photographer will decide the clothes that will be used on the model or the subject. From a photographers point of view I prefer neutral colors or plain shades. Generally, I avoid large patterns and prints. Instead plain jeans or skirt is much more preferable for me. However, the most important factor is becoming natural in whatever clothes the model will be wearing. As they say, “the camera never lies” so that sense of comfort will be immediately reflected in the shot. If you’re not so sure about the clothing choice, it’s advisable to carry two other sets of clothes.
6. Being natural: Nowadays candid shots are very much loved by all. Just because we are shooting portraits, that doesn’t mean that it has to be very serious. I prefer playing with the natural faces and emotions that children bring forth in front of my lenses. Even when they are moody I like to capture the spontaneity in their faces.
Only one single post cannot suffice all the aspects of a portrait photographer in Sydney. However, if you want a much more detailed insight about what portrait photography is and some of its representations, I cordially invite you to visit NewTown Photo Graphy Studio which will help you understand the various aspects of photography happening around Sydney. Even if you are new to photography and planning to hire someone for a portrait shoot, this can be a great place for you to start your own research.
Feel free to ask any question in regard to this post in the comment section. Please share this post if you like what you just read and keep following this space for more related writings.